Who can use the Navigator?
The Natural Resource Navigator is useful for natural resource decision making by:
- State and federal agencies
- Municipal planners
- Floodplain and forest managers
- Land trusts
- Watershed groups
- Not-for-profit organizations
In addition, land use and land use change can significantly contribute to climate change. Decision makers who are causing land use changes can use the Natural Resource Navigator with an eye towards climate change and minimizing impacts.
The Natural Resource Navigator enables you to:
- Access a comprehensive collection of terrestrial and freshwater spatial data and analyses on our interactive web map.
- Determine where to work and what to do in light of climate change using the Wayfinder to help you use the map tool.
- Explore resources for implementing climate adaptation strategies for natural resources.
- Create custom, high quality map images and reports, or use our premade maps, to support planning and communications.
To start using the tool, launch the Map Tool.