On this page you can download a number of datasets that are useful for climate adaptation planning and that are referenced in the Guidebook. Data that we are able to distribute is available for download as zipped geodatabases compatible with ESRI software. A list of third party data sources is also provided with download links or contact info for requesting data.
Details on the methods and sources used to create all of the data sets are found in our Data Documentation. Click on any data set name in the document’s Contents to view that entry. Metadata is also provided for individual datasets within the download packages.
We would like to thank the following individuals and organizations for their substantial contributions to the development of the Natural Resource Navigator:
- Timothy Howard and Matthew Schlesinger, New York Natural Heritage Program
- Myrna Hall and Fenqing Weng, SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry
- Northeast Regional Climate Center
- S. Forest Service, Sustaining Forests Unit
- S. Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis Unit
- Brad Compton, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- Scenic Hudson
Use the links below to download packages containing the data products created for the Navigator. A list of the contents of each data package is provided here.
Certain data sets used for the Navigator and referenced in the Guidebook are restricted from redistribution and must be requested from the original provider. Other third-party data sets are best obtained from the original source. Documentation for how to obtain each of these third-party data sets is provided here.
Please note the use restrictions and limitations in the metadata before using these data.
- Non-forested Uplands – see list of third-party data sources
- Wetlands – see list of third-party data sources
- Climate – see list of third-party data sources
- Sea Level Rise – see list of third-party data sources
- Ecosystem Functions
- Freshwater Flooding
- Landuse/Landcover (LULC)
- Species – pending